- Seek to tap into the wealth of experience and knowledge in the community.
- Pair tools and methodology with local resources already in existence.
- Support and empower local organizations through true democratization of data, insights, and visualizations.
- Incorporate the “lived experience” in analyses and data storytelling.
- Advocate for equity, providing insight into disparities present in race, ethnicity, gender, and age.
- Data security, including HIPAA and FERPA are non-negotiable and foundational to our data architecture.
- Provide neighborhood level statistics (census tract or block group), allowing deeper look at county populations.
- Triangulate multiple data sources to strengthen accuracy of models and analyses, making data more actionable.
- Utilize local partner data through Data Usage Agreements.
- Leverage years of experience in technical and consulting sectors.
- Robust toolbox, including R, Python, SAS, ArcGIS, SQL, AWS, Full Stack Dev, and Tableau.
- Academic and professional experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, and Machine Learning.
- Start up approach: innovative, comfort in ambiguity, aim high, and fail fast.
Pro Bono Data Science Support
Number of Metrics in the Community Data Platform
Commits to Github
Data Use Agreements Executed
Our data insights are only as strong as our partnerships with the community. We’re grateful to have a growing list of institutional and community partners who believe that big data can change the world and build a better tomorrow.
In order to amplify data capacity in the state, we provide a variety of data support packages. Click here to see some examples of our methodology at work.