CFC drives towards equitable systemic change in Southeastern North Carolina by collaborating with community partners to leverage local assets, illuminate actionable insights, and catalyze innovative programming.
We accomplish this work by applying data science techniques to gain insights, mobilizing private sector capital through impact investing programs, and supporting cross-sector collaboration.
We believe that we should do all things through an equity lens. We understand that centuries of oppressive systems have hurt many communities. Our whole society benefits from lifting up all people, especially those who have been most marginalized.
We believe that accurate and robust data infrastructure can be the great equalizer in the fight for a better tomorrow.
We believe that the community is the biggest driver and producer of positive outcomes and actionable insights. We follow their lead to drive change.
Strategic Priority Areas
- Collaborating with our community partners and leveraging innovative data science and analytics to generate clear, actionable, hyper-local insights aimed at exposing and programming against disparities.
- Rallying impact investors around these causes and directing these financial resources where they can generate the greatest social return on investment.
- Committing to nurture and scale multi-organizational initiatives, in collaboration with leaders from across our community to combat poverty, racism, poor health and education outcomes, and social-economic disparities affecting Southeastern North Carolina.
- Creating a regional impact model that can be shared across North Carolina to foster opportunities for potential shared learning and collaboration.
Board of Directors
Licensed Real Estate Broker — Coldwell Banker Alliance Group Realty
Charrise Hart, MBA, MSW
CEO — Ready for School, Ready for Life
EVP of Strategic Partnerships & Alliances — nCino
Chief Commercial Officer, Wellth
CEO & Founder — KWHCoin, Co-Founder — Genesis Block
Jeanine Minge, PhD
Associate Vice Chancellor for Community Engagement — UNCW
Co-Founder — CastleBranch
Director of Corporate Philanthropy — Live Oak Bank
Lydia Newman, MPP
Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, Community Care of North Carolina
CFC Team Members
- Patrick Brien – CEO
- Meaghan Dennison – Director of Programs
- Kevin Maurer – Director of Community Engagement
- Eileen O’Malley – Director of Operations
- Nick Pylypiw, MS – Director of Data Science
- Anna Casey, PhD – Data Scientist
- Dante Haywood – Data Scientist
- Catrecia McCoy Bowman – Healthy Opportunities Pilot Housing Program Manager
- Sandra Brooks – Healthy Opportunities Pilot Interpersonal Safety Programs Manager
- Morgan Cooper – Healthy Opportunities Pilot Food Security Program Manager
- Luigi Mendez – Healthy Opportunities Pilot Data Scientist